Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Too young.


I keep hearing these statements:
1. "You're too young to get married."
2. "You're only eighteen."
3. "You're just out of high school."
4. "You're inexperienced with responsibility."
5. "You need to slow down."
6. "You have the rest of her life to live."

I'll admit that a year ago, I would have NEVER pictured myself engaged my first semester in college! I never would have pictured myself engaged at all my freshmen year. (Even though I knew I was coming to a Utah school). I can see where people are surprised or shocked because I was too, but I just wish people would stop judging and start believing.

When you find the person you know you are supposed to be with for time and all eternity, there's pretty much not a lot that can stop you. I don't think you are ever "too young" to find your true love. Some times thing are out of your control. As for my life, fate kind of took over...

It was a series of unfortunate events that led Luke and I together. If it weren't for lots of pain and heartache through divorce, sickness, disease and broken families, Luke and I would have never met. This is why I KNOW that our Heavenly Father brought us together. He knew Luke would be strong enough to make it through all his trials and find me. And He knew that I would have the faith to know it was right. Through answers to prayers, I know that I am making the right decisions in my life.

You may be 18 and feel "too young" to get married. You may be 25 and still feel "too young" to get married. You may even be 40 and feel "too young." It's not because you are "too young," it's because you haven't found "the one."

When you find "the one," everything changes. It won't matter that you feel like you're "too young." It won't matter what the world around you thinks. It won't matter if your parents or friends disagree. It won't matter that everyone wants you to slow down and live your life. All that matters is you found the person that makes you the happiest. The person that you can raise a family with. A person that will always take care of you, always love you, and always be there for you.

I don't want to slow down. I don't want to live the single college life. I don't want to be free and wild. I want Luke Maughan. And there's no advice or opinion that can make me change my mind.

So....to all those who sincerely believe in me and believe in us: Thank you :)
And to everyone else, I hope when you find your true love, you'll understand.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Kylee. I got married at 19 and never looked back. David was and is my one. We fit together perfectly, it was like living with my best friend and we got to share everything. We had a great time together in college. For some people eternity just gets started earlier. You and Luke are great together. When it's right, it's right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I couldn't have said it better myself. You two are amazing and I am so proud of you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...