Monday, February 14, 2011

Mrs. Maughan

I grew up as a girl with high expectations and big dreams, as most of us girls do. One by one I watched the Disney princess get their fairytale endings, and knew that my happily ever after was waiting for me one day. Girls are taught from birth that there is a fairytale ending waiting for them. Every princess gets her prince and every girl gets her true love.
In each movie we watch or novel we read, we sit on the edge of our seats waiting for the totally predictable twist that leads to perfect bliss and wait for our own happy ending. We all want our Edward Cullen. We want our Prince Charming. Our Prince Eric. Our Prince Phillip. Our Beast/Prince Adam. 
"Some day my prince will come. Some day we'll meet again. And away to his castle we'll go. To be happy forever I know."

February 2009 -> My future husband: Strong Testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, High Moral Standards/Values, Loyal/Trustworthy, Honest, Affectionate, Loving, RM, Hard Worker, Positive, Open, Sweet, Respectful, Good with Kids, Cooking, Cleaning, No temper, Unselfish, Romantic, Smart, Patient, Temple Worthy...

We all are waiting around for these perfect love stories with the third act twist. Life doesn't happen like the movies. It's so unexpected. Love isn't something we can search for and force. It happens on its own.


"I might have to wait, I'll never give up.  I guess it's half timing, and the other half's luck
Wherever you are, whenever it's right, you'll come out of nowhere and into my life."


Then, one day you meet someone who's better than Prince Charming and Edward Cullen because he's all yours. He loves you for who you are. He says you look beautiful in no make up and sweat pants. He opens the door for you EVERY time you get in the car. He takes the basketball shorts and gives you the sweats when it's cold. He brings you sugar cookies and Subway even when he can't have them because he knows they're your favorite.. He sells his Xbox to get you something you absolutely love. After you've met the one, you know that you've found your own happily ever after. 
"I don’t know but I think I may be fallin’ for you, dropping so quickly."
The first stages of falling in love started showing up in your life. You constantly check your phone to see if he's replied and every time you see his name pop up you get butterflies in your stomach. You always catch yourself smiling when you think of him. You started putting your life into every single love song you hear...

"Can you feel this magic in the air? It must have been the way you kissed me. Fell in love when I saw you standing there. It must have been the way today was a fairytale."

March 29th, 2009: I love Luke Arol Maughan. He is the most amazing person I've ever met, best guy out there for me. And quite possibly the best thing that's ever happened to me. Luke! He is pretty much everything I've ever looked for in a guy.

"Flash forward and we're taking on the world together and there's a drawer of my things at your place. You learn my secrets and you figure out why I'm guarded. You say we'll never make my parents' mistakes."
If it's supposed to, love will work out. After two years of crazy, unpredictable circumstances, I stand 26 days away from my own Happily Ever After, or maybe it's my Once Upon A Time....
"You make me dance like a fool, forget how to breathe, shine like gold, buzz like a bee... Just the thought of you can drive me wild. Oh, you make me smile."

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...